Carefully crafted to weightlessly transform fine hair from lifeless to lively the Moroccanoil Volume Series is at the heart of the full-bodied luscious hair you've always wanted. We're all about voluminous hair and with Moroccanoil it's never been easier to inject some much needed fullness and life into your locks. Here you will find out how to use the Moroccanoil Volume Series to enhance voluminous hair and get some insightful tips from Moroccanoil's Global Creative Director, Antonio Corral Calero.
The Volume Series
At the foundation of the Moroccanoil Volume family is the Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, which weightlessly sets the scene for body and movement. Next in line is the Moroccanoil Volumising Mousse, with no sticky-residue and enriched with added conditioners to improve the health of the hair, it really is the perfect styling mousse. The cherry on top and the newest edition to the Volume Series is the backstage Fashion Week favourite, Root Boost. Enriched with Moroccanoil's signature Argan Oil to nourish the scalp and hair this long-lasting spray fortifies and thickens hair at the root, giving every style full-bodied lift and texture.
3 quick steps to voluminous hair
1. Spray Moroccanoil Root Boost generously over towel-dried hair at the roots. Use fingers to massage and work product in at the roots.
2. Layer in Moroccanoil Volumising Mousse from mid-shaft to ends for enhanced body and movement. To activate product, blow-dry in sections, lifting hair away from the scalp using a radial brush.
3. Finish with a few drops of Moroccanoil Treatment on the ends. To reactivate volume, tousle at roots with fingertips.
Watch this video on how to get big volume with brilliant voluminous hair tips.
Your Volume Questions Answered
Global Creative Director Antonio Corral Calero unveils the the secrets behind long-lasting volume.
1. What are some of the factors that cause loss of volume?
Humidity and styling products that are too heavy for your hair are two factors that actually cause loss of hair volume. Also, over-conditioning your hair can result in less volume.
2. Are there specific haircuts or styles that make hair look more voluminous?
If your hair is fine, I recommend opting to take off some length because added weight, such as long length, can make the hair appear flat. Also, if you feel like you need something to lift your hair, adding some soft layers to create movement will you give you that extra height you're looking for.
3. How can I create big, voluminous hairstyles if my hair is fine?
It's all about the right products. Starting with a good base is really essential, so I recommend using Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner as the perfect prep. I also recommend using Moroccanoil Treatment Light to protect fine strands. Of course Moroccanoil Root Boost and Volumising Mousse are essentials too.
4. What is the best way to blow-dry hair for a full-bodied style?
I recommend using Moroccanoil Root Boost at the scalp to create a textured foundation and then 'rough-drying' your hair until it's almost dry. Afterwards, lightly smooth the ends out with your favourite round brush (try Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Round Brush) to tame and control hair. Another great trick to create volume at home is to use your fingers to flip your hair upside down once the hair is almost completely dry and use a large round brush to smooth just the ends.
5. Teasing will create volume at the roots, but is there a right or wrong way to tease?
Teasing the hair is a great way to create extra volume, but always use light backstrokes when teasing your hair. If you use heavy, short strokes, you run the risk of damaging and breaking your hair.
6. What are insider backstage and red carpet tips for voluminous hair?
The rough-dry technique - blow-drying without a brush, combined with the amazing versatility of the new Moroccanoil Root Boost, it's our secret weapon for great volume backstage. This season we created a modern 'old Hollywood glamour' style for the Jenny Packham Spring Summer '15 show at New York Fashion Week with a lot of bounce and volume. See a sneak peak from behind the scenes here.
If you would like to become a Moroccanoil stockist or would like to find your nearest Moroccanoil salon please contact us today.